Crypto Token Configuration¶
A cypto token is an entity used to do cryptographic operations. OpenXPKI organizes those tokens using groups and generations. A default system has four groups:
- certsign - represents the Issuing CA
- datasafe - used internally to encrypt sensitive data
- scep - the operational certificate of the SCEP server
- root - the root certificate of the Issuing CA chain
OpenXPKI expects that a token has only a limited lifetime and is substituted by a successor at a certain point in time. This relation is expressed by the generation counter.
All tokens consist of a private key and a certificate, the certificate must be present in the OpenXPKI internal database and is referenced by the certificate identifier. The private key lives outside the OpenXPKI systems. When using the default config, the system expects the private key as file where the name of the file is constructed from the complete alias name.
openxpkiadm certificate import –file ca-root-1.crt
- openxpkiadm certificate import –file ca-one-signer-1.crt
- –realm ca-one –token certsign